Friday, December 14, 2012

From one photojournalist student to another


Challenging would be how I described my introduction to photojournalism class. During the semester, I was pushed to view the world differently from my side of the lens. I was no longer looking to create beautiful images; I was there to capture the truth. In many cases, such as our report on arson, the truth can be ugly. Throughout the course I was asked to cover events such as the basketball game that required me to change my shooting style.  To properly cover the event I had to use higher ISO and wider apertures than I was accustom to in my previous work. However, the knowledge acquired from these challenges has made me a stronger photographer.
The photojournalism class at Owens moves at a fast pace. My advice to future students; plan your time wisely. It’s easy to fall behind and hard to catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment